Disaster Management Department
About : In order to tackle any untoward incidents either by natural disaster or man-made disaster “Multi-Hazard Disaster Management Plan 2016-17 has been updated with Co-operatin and Co-ordination of all S.D.O.s, B.D.O.s and all Line Deptt. Capacity Training programme was organised at all G.P.s of District to generate awareness among the people in the village about ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’ during any disaster.
Hired-country boats and speed boats of Civil Defence Deptt. were kept ready for search and rescue works. 5 Flood Shelters are ready to take shelter during flood situation in 4 Flood Prone blocks. Flood Control Room round the Clock at District Head Quarter is opened during monsoon season to inform all B.D.O.s, S.D.O.s about release of water from dams / barrage and water level of rivers or any warning message from the Deptt.
Stock of Relief materials are kept ready up to G.P. levels to face situation arised by Calamity / Fire incidents Relief materials are also distributed through the Hon’ble M.L.A.s during Eid and Durga Puja Festivals.
There are other activities also which may be divided into three categories.
Co-ordinating all activities relating to the whole cyclone of Disaster Management - Preparedness, Mitigation, Prevention, Response, Relief and rehabilitation the Deptt. provides Normal Relief to certain section of people of below poverty line during normal time.
Normal Relief Beneficiary
1. N.G.R. Wheat 7538 of District
2. Cash G.R.
1. Spl. G.R. (Rice)
2. Relief materials to the victims of natural calamity and of accidental fire on need base case.
3. Relief Contingency
4. House Building Grant (Natural Calamity) & Fire incidents
Other assistance :
1. (i) Ex. Gratia Grant to the bereaved families of victims of Natural Calamity.
(ii) Ex. Gratia grant for Snakebite cases Rs.1,00,000/- per head.
2. Economic Rehabilitation Grant
Rs.10,000/- for Small Business
Rs.5,000/- for sewing Machine
3. Scheme for construction of
(i) Relief Go-down Rs.13,76,000/-
(ii) Flood Shelter – 50,00,000/-
Relief Assistance Provided
List of Go-down Construction under Sub-Divisional Office
1. District Head Quarter – 1 no.
2. S.D.O. Bolpur - 1 no.
3. S.D.O. Rampurhat - 1 no.
List of Go-down Construction under Block Development Office
1. Suri-I - 1 no.
2. Rajnagar - 1 no.
3. Dubrajpur - 1 no.
4. Khoyrasole - 1 no.
5. Sainthia - 1 no.
6. Bolpur-Sriniketan - 1 no.
7. Labpur - 1 no.
8. Rampurhat-II - 1 no.
9. Nalhati-I - 1 no.
10. Nalhati-II - 1 no.
11. Mayureswar-I - 1 no.
12. Mayureswar-II - 1 no.
13. Murarai-I - 1 no.
14. Murarai-II - 1 no. (Under Construction)
1. Bolpur-Sriniketan - 1 no.
2. Sainthia - 1 no.
3. Rampurhat-II - 2 no.
4. Labpur - 1 no. + 1 no. (Under construction)
Citizen Centric Activities
1. H.B. Grant (Fire) & Natural Calamity
2. Ex. Gratia Grant (Snake Bite) & Natural Calamity
3. Economic Rehabilitation Grant
4. Distribution of Tarpaulin & Clothings
5. Normal G.R. (Wheat) & Spl. G.R. (Rice) Cash G.R.
1. Construction of Relief Go-down
2. Construction of Flood Shelter
1. Flood Shelter at Labpur Block
List of Forms used by the Citizen
1. C.A.-II Report Available at BDO office on happening of any disaster
2. Ex. Gratia Grant (Snake Bite) -Do-
3. Ex. Gratia Grant (Natural Calamity) -Do-
4. B-Format for H.B. Grant (Fire) & N.C. -Do-