Welcome to Birbhum District Primary School Council
About the Organization
The District Primary School Council (DPSC) was established under section 37 of the West Bengal Primary Education Act 1973. The objective of establishing the District Primary School Council is to govern the educational administration of the district including the qualitative academic upliftment of the primary schools. Prior to the inception of Sarva Siksha Avijan, the District Primary School Council (DPSC) was the only agency, which rendered the services for infrastructure development as well as academic development of the primary schools.
The Birbhum District Primary School Council was established to carry out multidimensional activities related to the upliftment of the standard of primary schools of Birbhum District. Presently the DPSC, Birbhum managing 2380 primary school in the district. In managing the activities of the schools, the DPSC closely worked with the Office of the District Inspector of Schools (PE) and Office of the District Project Officer, Sarva Siksha Aviyan. The DPSC perform the following activities
01. Inspection and Supervision of Primary Schools under District Primary School Council.
02. Monitoring the activities related to Sarva Siksha Abhiyan
03. Inspection of Mid-day-Meal.
04. Distribution of Nationalized Text Books through Office of the DI of Schools (PE)
05. Enrolment drives for Primary Schools.
06. School Sports from Gram Panchayat Level to State Level.
07. Child Health Check-up Programme through governmental and non-governmental organizations.
08. Orientation and Training of Teachers through Sarva Siksha Aviyan.
09. Planning of Education at different level.
10. Matters relating to Primary Teachers Training Institutes.
11. All programmes related to Primary Schools including Teacherís incentive Programme.
12. Appointment of Primary School Teachers.
This site is best viewed
at 1024x768 pixel resolution in IE7 / Firefox 3.5 & above